welcome to my blog faywolfendendesigns@yahoo.ca

WELCOME to my BLOG....

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Bead Peeps Swap N Hop




Thanks to our hostess  Linda Anderson

Well the time has come to unveil my pieces for the Swap N Hop... I received my goodies from the talented Lori Schneider of:  www.beadaddicted.blogspot.com  Here is what I sent Lori:

And here is what Lori Sent me:


I could see that I had my work cut out for me.. I started by picking out a few of the elements that Lori sent and then just following my natural instincts for designing the piece.  I did not have any preplanned ideas for the most part.  I was fortunate that I loved all the colours Lori sent me.   I had some turquoise, red, black, lime  #6 seed beads to add some contrast to the maily turquoise beads.

Here is a sweet little choker necklace I made with the cherry picture..

just added some green glass leaves.
 
Love those memory wire bracelets.
 
 
 Love this sea urchin focal bead..  added some red seed beads for accent. Put the clasp in the front to add scale and interest.



focal clasp



 This elephant was a bit of a challenge.  I ended up gluing a large bail on him and balanced him with two extra large round silver beads.  I graduated the beads for the necklace from large to small.


For this focal piece and lovely clasp I added some green glass leaves, used the white/turquoise beads(interspersed with black seed beads) and some large turquoise beads  (interspersed with lime seed beads)

 

I really loved this fold form copper piece that Lori sent. I hammered 2 holes in the top and added some jump rings and them a piece of twisted copper wire which I put solder on the end to keep in place.  I used my own handmade  glass head pins as stamens for the silver
flower and added some vintage, very tiny, sparkly seed beads to the flat patinaed beads.  I then soldered the flower pieces onto the back of the fold formed copper piece.  I am very pleased with the out come of this piece.  I have wanted to try fold forming for a while now.. so this will inspire me to get busy and try it.
I used a beautiful vintage chain and hammered copper clasp to  finish off.

 





Linda Anderson - Hostess - http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com/...
SEEDERS
Palak (aka Pallavi Asher)http://kalaabhushan.blogspot.in/ Krafty Max http://kraftymax.net
Follow Me on Pinterest

25 comments:

Natalie @ NorthShore Days said...

Oh these pieces are just beautiful. I espcially love the sea urchin necklace. Great job

Nelly May said...

Your dsigns are so effortlessly beautiful. I am in absolute awe!
Impossible to pick a favourite. The fresh cherries and leaves? The earthy copper pendant? i need them all!

Maria Rosa Sharrow said...

Wow were you ever busy!I adore the elephant necklace. Love the urchin. All your pieces are fantastic!

Unknown said...

Glad you have fun with all the goodies I sent you. Sure there will be many more projects to come. Great to see my handmade pieces in use and looking fantastic. I have so many sea urchin focals and now am inspired to start designing with them
My copper piece component looks great too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Faye! Such a pretty seaside mix you had to work with!
I ❤️ your colour combinations - peacock blue & lime green - my favourite!
And your elephant necklace is on point! Great job.

Unknown said...

All of the designs are Lovely. My favorite is the fold formed pendant and chain. Love that one the best! I also love the sea urchin and the ceramic? flower pieces!!! Great Job!

Linda A. said...

WOW! Between the copper piece and the sea urchin I dunno what my favorite is! SO gorgeous and holy COW what a bag of goodies! Congrats on some GORGEOUS pieces!

Linda
http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com

ChristinaMarieH said...

What a wonderful assortment of goodies you have there! Love the elephant necklace!

Marianne Baxter said...

I love the sea urchin necklace especially adding the accent color

Mimi said...

What a great collection to work with and you did it proud! Wonderful pieces!

Unknown said...

I am so loving that elephant necklace! Wonderful job!

Rachel
www.mintmonarch.com

Divya N said...

The form folded pendant is fabulous with great contrast and you have done a great job balancing the elephant necklace

Becky Pancake said...

Hi Fay, Your designs are fabulous. The cherries choker is simple and sweet. The red makes the sea urchin really pop. The graduation is perfect for the elephant( that is my favorite). The fold formed necklace is very creative and unique.

Krafty Max Originals said...

I just love them all, but for me the little Cherry's are just wonderful!! But my daughter already says she wants the Elephant!! You did great!! ~KM http://www.kraftymax.net/bead-peeps-swap-n-hop-2016/

Anonymous said...

such spring inspired designs! I love your use of the teal with the lime. That elephant one is amazing.

Dry Gulch said...

That fold-formed necklace is fantastic! You added just enough elements to make the entire piece go WOW. Awesome job!

bairozan said...

I love the colors and asymmetry in you pendants. But the last one grabbed my attention with it's a one of a kind multidimensional design of the focal!

fay ................................................... said...

Thanks for the comment... I think I have found a new passion.. fold forming..just have to find out where to buy the copper sheet..

fay ................................................... said...

Want to thank everyone for all their wonderful comments !! It's been fun doing this blog hop !

Anonymous said...

That fold form copper necklace is a WOW piece! And the urchin necklace is just as fabulous! Great work!

Shai Williams said...

Wow! Incredible designs. I really can choose a favorite as I love them all

sheilaposter said...

What you did with the form folded copper and the silver flower, it was wonderful to see what you did with them

tappingflamingo said...

Love that sea urchin necklace, and love how you put the clasp in the front.

Unknown said...

Lots of gorgeous pieces, love the urchin necklace and how you used the fold formed copper piece with the gorgeous silver flower.

Kari Asbury said...

So many wonderful pieces! You had a great palette and bead selection...love how you put everything together!